EMPLOYMENT OPPORTUNITY: MAINTENANCE TECHNICIAN 3 - REQ# 2010-066
Shift: 3:00p - 1:00a
- Repair and maintain equipment used in high speed production lines and perform some facility maintenance with little or no supervision
- Adjust and calibrate equipment.
- Prepare new or modify schematics for equipment modifications.
- Maintain computerized daily work logs and update equipment and performance records.
- Remove, replace, repair and/or manufacture equipment component parts.
- Complete requisition orders for equipment parts and locate proper vendors.
- Oversee major projects; i.e., new equipment installation, major equipment modifications, etc.
- Troubleshoot equipment problems.
- Design and install improvements to equipment to enhance quality, safety, or increase of production.
- Troubleshooting and major edits of PLC based equipment.
- Troubleshooting equipment with CNC controls.
- Train other maintenance personnel.
- In sure preventive maintenance task are being completed and continually improving the preventive maintenance system.
- Install all types of wiring and main service drops to equipment.
- Read & understand electrical, pneumatic, & hydraulic schematics, blueprints, & equipment drawings.
- Edit and / or produce electrical, pneumatic, & hydraulic schematics, blueprints, & equipment drawings.
- Maintain good housekeeping in all production areas and shop.
- Use of database, internet, and catalogs to locate equipment parts.
EDUCATION / WORK EXPERIENCE:
- Able to read blueprints and schematics.
- Familiar with test equipment; i.e. meters, micrometers, calipers, scopes, etc.
- Ability to operate all types of tool room equipment for the manufacture of components; i.e. mill, lathe, welder, etc.
- Read and write English with mechanical aptitude.
- Understanding of shop math and the metric system.
- Five to eight years of general equipment repair in a high speed Assembly/Parts Manufacturing environment with
- Strong emphasis in electrical, hydraulics, pneumatics and PLC and / or CNC machine electronic controls.
- 10 years experience in manufacturing maintenance
- Electrical knowledge & experience (5 - 10yrs)
- PLC knowledge & experience (5 - 10yrs)
- CNC equipment in a machining environment (5 - 10yrs)
- Extreme attention to safety
- Some lifting of heavy components (approximately 40 lbs with lifting equipment available)
- Constant mental and visual concentration
- High noise levels, temperatures in controlled and non controlled environments
- Exposure to dangerous conditions: (50%), i.e. extreme temperatures, chemicals, dirt, oils, grease, and electrical shocks, etc. Some overtime expected.